Sunday, September 28, 2014

Don't be afraid plant away!



A great science project K -3 is to get gads dirty and plant away!  Don't get me wrong I am not the green thumb kind, it does not come easy to me!  But goodness was it worth it.  I went to the store, picked some seeds with my kids, got a few other things and decided to get started right in my kitchen!










My husband did not appreciate it so much.  But was he impressed when we got our first carrots!












No book, no exercise, no science center, no puzzle can compare to how much we learn about the life of a plant, the difference between living and non-living things, and the hard work of a farmer than by planting ourselves.  Appreciating the food on our tables starts by knowing how much work it took someone to grow it!  And in the end it is also a great way of learning patience and perseverance two great virtues!





Go on, get brave and get started!  I did and it payed of!











As the weeks go by, you can chose a day in which you can re-enforce what she is witnessing and learning with a nice science center exercise!











Have fun and remember :  Homeschool, it will always be worth your effort!!


No comments:

Post a Comment